Forbes recently released another awesome list of superlatives. And I, of course, had to share it with all of you!
This time, Forbes researched the World’s 50 Most Valuable Teams.Â Nothing too shocking.Â If anything, the list confirmed what we’re all aware of, and what the NBA and NFL lockouts have proven over the past few months.
NFL owners are paid and can afford to break the players off with some extra cash.Â While the NBA is on the other end of the spectrum.Â They’ve overspent, and the NY Knicks and LA Lakers are the only NBA teams to crack the Top 50.Â NBA owners absolutely need to restructure the CBA so they can recoup some of the money they’ve foolishly spent in the past.
In fact, the contrasts between the NBA and NFL valuations reminded me of that Chris Rock quote from his 2004 “Never Scared” HBO comedy show.
Oprah is rich, Bill Gates is wealthy. If Bill Gates woke up tomorrow with Oprah’s money, he’d jump out a fuckin’ window and slit his throat on the way down saying, “I can’t even put gas in my plane!
In other words, if NFL teams suddenly had the valuation of NBA teams, Roger Goodell and the NFL owners would wil’ out!Â Believe that!
Here are some more highlights from the Forbes article.:
- Manchester United is the most valuable team in the world at $1.86 billion, followed by the Dallas Cowboys at $1.81 billion.
- Soccer has the second-largest number of teams on the list with eight.
- Every NFL team (32) is ranked among the 50 most valuable teams in the world.Â The Jacksonville Jaguars is the lowest ranked NFL team at No. 45 and valued at $725 million.
- The Redskins is ranked No. 4 on the list and valued at $1.55 billion.Â I wasn’t expecting the Redskins to be ranked so high, considering how terrible they are.Â Dan Snyder definitely gives James Dolan some strong competition for worst owner alive.
- MLB has the third-largest number of teams on the list with six.Â The NY Yankees are ranked No. 3 on the list at $1.7 billion.
- An NBA team doesn’t make an appearance on the list until No. 47.Â The NY Knicks are valued at $655 million.Â The LA Lakers are right behind the Knicks at No. 48 and $643 million.
Here are the Top 10 teams:
- Manchester United, $1.86 billion
- Dallas Cowboys, $1.81 billion
- New York Yankees, $1.71 billion
- Washington Redskins, $1.55 billion
- Real Madrid, $1.45 billion
- New England Patriots, $1.37 billion
- Arsenal, $1.19 billion
- New York Giants, $1.18 billion
- Houston Texans, $1.17 billion
- New York Jets, $1.14 billion
Photo via Nike
Powered by Facebook Comments